What is Zopiclone medication used for and what are side effects?
Zopiclone is the nonbenzodiazepine agent, used to treat insomnia. Insomnia is a sleep disorder, the patient feels difficulty falling asleep. It helps you to fall asleep and dont let you wake whole night. It also comes in liquid form for people who find it hard to swallow the tablets.
- Zopiclone takes at least one hour to work.
- Zopiclone is prescribed for only 2 to 4 weeks. Your body may get used to it and after the specific time, this will not have the same effects. You can also become dependent on it
- Dont drink alcohol while using Zopiclone, alcohol can increase the effects of the medicine.
- Some common side effects are a bad taste in your mouth, dry mouth, and daytime sleepiness.
Who can and cant take Zopiclone
Adults over the age of 18 can take Zopiclone. Zopiclone may not suit some people.
To avoid the side effects of Zopiclone, tell your doctor if
- You have an allergic reaction to zopiclone or any other medicine
- You have a kidney or liver problem
- You have breathing problems while sleeping
- You have a mental problem
- You have issues with alcohol or drug abuse
- You are trying to get pregnant, pregnant or breastfeeding
How and When to Take?
Zopiclone comes in two different tablet size, 3.5 mg, and 7.5 mg. The regular dose is to take 7.5 mg dose before going to bed because it takes one hour to work.
A lower dose of 3.5 mg is recommended for those who want to start taking this medicine or have some health problems. Lower dose reduces the risk of excessive sleepiness and other side effects.
Dont chew or crush the tablet, swallow it whole. You can take Zopiclone with or without food.
It is important to take dose exactly as your doctor tells you.
Forget to Take Dose
If you forget to take your dose at bedtime, then repeat your routine on the next day. Never take 2 doses at the same time.
Side Effects of Zopiclone
- Amnesia: lose your memory
- Hallucination: see or hear things that are not real
- Delusions: think about things that are not true
Serious allergic reactions
- Tightness in the throat and chest
- Trouble in talking and breathing
- Swelling of the throat, lips, tongue, face
- Skin rash that includes itchy, red, swollen or peeling skin
Seniors over 65 years of age are more likely to experience dose-related side effects, such as dizziness, drowsiness, or impaired coordination. Using high dose may result in accidents such as falls. Consult with a doctor if you are senior and facing this type of side effects.
This medicine is only available on the prescription of the doctor if you buy Zopiclone online, then no need for the prescription.
Buying any tabs required the doctors prescription. They check you and assign the medicines according to your health. If you want to buy online sleeping tabs and buy pain medicine online, the doctors prescription is not needed.