How To Treat Eye Styes At Home?
Eye Styes are similar to the pimples that form on the eyelid – it is not a serious condition but remains harmful or painful for one and is caused due to bacterial infection. Eye Styes are often disappeared for some time but remain painful for anyone – here are few home remedies to treat the eyes Stye at home.
Home Remedies for treating eye Stye:
- Hen Egg: You can place a warm hen egg to the eye Stye directly for five minutes – a natural solution towards the pain.
- Warm Compress: Apply a warm compress on the affected area of the eye – when you apply the compress make sure your eyes are closed or check the temperature of compress as too much hot compress will be irritating – apply it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Treatment Products: You can also look for different products that will remove Styes or different infection of the eyes – choose the appropriate one that has polymyxin B sulfate.
- Green Onion: The idea is to apply juice of green onion on the affected area to relieve the pain and stable the condition of the eye.
- Mint leaves: You can apply these leaves directly to the eye – crush them and leave for some time before rinsing them off with warm water.
Precautions for treating eye Styes:
You need to follow these instructions before working on the treatment of eye stye:
- You need to stop rubbing or squeezing the stye as it will actually spread the infection.
- Avoid the use of makeup while you are facing the eye stye as it is not recommended.
- It is a good idea to stop wearing contact lens while you having eye styes as it may re-infect your eyes and make condition worse.
- You need to wash your hands before or after touching the eye stye.
- You need to relax your eyes and provide them short breaks to recover the eye styes as early as possible – plenty of rest is recommended.
Preventing Eye Styes in future:
Here are the tips for people that tell them how you can remain to save from eye infection as well from the eye styes in future:
- Children and some people have a habit of rubbing their eyes any time or especially when they are red – this is a bad habit and becomes a reason of eye stye.
- You need to avoid touching your eyes to stay safe from any kind of infection.
- You need to clean up your accessories belonging to eye makeup as old or expired makeup can also cause infection.
- Clean your tools like eye curlers, eyeshadows brushes to make them germ-free and to stay safe from any kind of infection for eyes.
- You can also wear glasses to protect your eyes from dust – eye injuries are leading cause of workplace injury.