How To Treat A Swollen Knee
Keeping knees fit and healthy is an important part of the life but what if your knees got swollen? A knee may appear swollen due to the injury or arthritis problem and this swallowing occurs in the knee joint or surrounding tissues and remains painful for the person – But you can find simple home remedies to stop swollen of your knees and stop the pain.
Let’s have look towards the possible solution towards the painful problem.
- You need to examine the affected knee with the other knee to see whether it is swallowed or redness or to look whether if there is something wrong.
- You need to bend and straighten your leg to look whether some level of injury exists or you may feel this discomfort as pain or stiffness.
- You need to put your weight on the injured leg to find out the level of injury and condition of the knees.
- If you remain unable to find out the exact cause of swollen you need to meet your doctor if swelling is persistent, painful or others.
Home remedies for treating swollen knees:
- Rest your knees: You need to make sure the rest at home while you have knee injury as you need to lie down on the bed or put the pillows to find the rest.
- Ice your knees: The best feasible solution towards knee injury is to apply the ice on affected area for 10 – 20 minutes for at least three times in a day.
- Avoid heat: You need to make sure that you are secure from the heated area as the injury must be avoided from heat for more than first 48 hours i.e. hot showers, hot packs etc.
- Compression bandage: You can also rely on the compression band for the knee injury as you just need to apply the compression to decrease the swelling or try the elastic bandage where you don’t need clips to tie the bandage.
- Rely on massage: You need to massage the affected area slightly as it helps to increase the blood flow from the affected area and help you to recover the injury as early as possible.
Professional treatments for knee injury:
- Meet the doctor: You need to make an appointment with the doctor towards your injury problem as a doctor will tell you whether your injury condition is getting worse as a doctor will evaluate the x-ray to learn the condition of the knee and try injection to avoid the swelling.
- Ask about surgery: If the condition of your knee is really difficult to get well then you should ask for the surgery whether doctor recommends you surgery as losing or damaging the tissue will lead to the condition of surgery.
- Physical therapist: The physical therapist also helps the person to avoid the critical condition of the knees, you can contact with the therapist as he suggests you specific exercises based on your condition to recover the injury as early as possible.
Prevent swollen knees:
Some of the best advice to remain safe from the swollen knees ever in the life:
- Always wear knee pads while you are working sitting on your knees such as gardening, housework or others.
- You need to avoid the knee bends repetition as motions of knees frequently also lead to this problem.
- You need to eat foods with anti-inflammatory properties as diet matters a lot for the person health.
- Smoking is the first reason towards knee injury and pain – you must get rid of smoking.