How To Treat A Jammed Finger?
A jammed figure is a common issue among people and refers to the finger joint pain and swelling and they need immediate to aid healing as a variety of treatments are available to treat the jammed finger as if jammed fingers not addressed then it leads to further damages including fractures.
The jammed finger generally occurs due to the impact injury and it is common in people who are active in sports – normally jammed finger cases can be treated at home and take the time to heal the wound completely and we are explaining a number of steps to treat the jammed fingers.
Make sure injury isn’t serious:
If you have injured your finger then first thing is to make sure that it is not a fracture as both have similar symptoms but the fracture is treated other way and serious issue and the jammed finger can be resolved at home – here is the distinguish between both of them:
- If you have pain in a finger then it is jammed finger but if you have severe pain then you must move towards the doctor it may be a symptom of fracture.
- If you find difficulty holding the items then it is jammed finger but if you are unable to move the finger then it is fractured.
- The area is red and swelled in the jammed finger but in the fracture, the area remains swell and redness for hours or days.
Treatment of the jammed finger:
If you are facing the jammed finger and you are clear that the injury is not serious then here are the remedies that will able you to treat the jammed finger at home.
- Ice the jammed finger: The first remedy towards the jammed finger is to ice the injury or wrap the ice in a towel and then apply it for the 15 minutes interval as it reduces the swelling and numbs nerve fibers and provide relax to the wound.
- Rest your finger: If you have occurs the jammed finger due to the sports activity or any reason then you must stop from the sports and these kinds of activities for some time and rest your jammed finger as you are unable to hold and grab the items.
- Tape the finger: You can also tape the finger facing the jammed finger to stop them for further injury and remain calm and careful while applying the tape otherwise additional swelling may occur or cut off blood circulation and try to rest as possible.
- Take anti-inflammatory medicine: You can also take the painkiller towards the jammed finger to stop the pain for short time but remain careful about taking the pills and avoid given to the children.
- See an osteopath or chiropractor: You can also consult the personal consultant for the jammed finger or consult the osteopath as they are joint experts and focus on the normal movement of the hand and finger and provide you better awareness about your jammed finger.