How To Grow Herbs Indoors On Windowsill?
Everyone wants to spend plenty of time in greenery as it has positive effects on the mind. We all want to improve lifestyle and spend time in the beauty of nature. This is a reason we always looking forward towards growing herbs in a home. One must remember Just living is not enough; one must have sunshine, freedom and little flower’.
This post will help you to grow herbs in the home and don’t need enough sunlight. Let’s have look towards them and smart techniques to keep them happy:
- The very first step is to find suitable space for growing indoor plants. You have to place these plants in a sunny spot near a window. Make sure this window will provide at least 4 hours sunlight to plants.
- Many people prefer to grow their plants in a kitchen near to window and feel the beauty of nature. If you’re unsure about the place then take this step. You have to switch off all the lights of a house and check for natural light.
- When you start growing indoor herbs then make sure to invest in the container. If you are starting with seeds then the small container will also work properly. Later, you will transfer this to a larger pot.
- Your pots must have drainage holes as with the larger pots placed in an outdoor garden. There is one tip, always use a saucer under them so your windowsill remains in good condition.
- You have to invest in your favorite seeds you want to grow indoor plants. Make a trip to a general store and purchase seed packets or small herb plants.
- One thing you need to remember starting from the seed requires a lot of year work and attention. A plant is also a good option to start for indoor plants.
- Make sure your pot has enough power to avoid soil-borne diseases. They are harmful to the growth of your indoor plants. Never use soil from the garden as regular soil compresses over time. You have to mix the soil in the container for herb plants.
- If you are worried soil coming out of bottom holes then place small coffee filter. Never use anything else as it blocks the holes entirely.
- Make sure to leave one inch from above of container for watering reasons. Whenever you place new herb in the container then water the container immediately. You can either grow the herbs with the seeds also.
Always remember plants require a lot of attention whenever you grow them indoors. It provides you pleasant environment and enhances the quality of air indoors.