How to get rid of the stiff neck?
A stiff neck is a common problem that occurs due to sleeping in an awkward position, or sitting for a long period in front of the computer or carrying heavy physical loads and anxiety is also a cause of stiff neck. It can also slow down your daily routine and make hard sleeping for you – however, you can try this simple advice to get rid of stiff neck easily.
Hot & Cold Treatments:
You can get rid of stiff neck easily via cold and hot therapy:
- Hot Therapy: You can put a towel in a tub of hot water or put the towel in dryer and then dry the towel such that it stops dripping and then apply it over your neck as heat provide relief to yourself or use the moist heat and give it to your neck for 5 to 10 minutes three times a day.
- Cold Therapy: You can wrap some ice cubes in a thin cloth or towel and hold the ice to the stiff area of the neck for 10 minutes just after 2 hours and feel the relief in your life.
Massage is one of the best opportunities to treat a stiff neck as it relaxes the muscles of the body and increment the blood circulation.
- Massage it: You can do the massage of your neck by yourself by rubbing your hands with gentle pressure and focus on the stiff area and rub with your fingertips and repeat the steps for few minutes.
- Massage Therapist: If you feel tired or do not want to massage by yourself then visit the professionals or check your health policy if a therapist is covered by them or not.
- Acupuncture: This technique is popular in China but you can also try it by some professional to feel relax and this technique is popular at various points of the skin with tiny needles.
You have to do some neck exercises as it provides you a huge relief and relieve the tension and provide you fantastic body language – the positions and exercises that are recommended for neck stiff are as follows:
- Nod your head forward and backward
- Tilt your head from side to side
- Turn your head from left to right
- Do not carry heavy physical load
The stiff neck can also be removed by these alternative ways to reduce the pain:
- Epsom Salt: You can reduce the pain of your neck by adding Epsom salt in your bathtub before having shower – it doesn’t affect the strength of muscles but release the tension in your body.
- Peppermint Oil: This oil consists of the menthol that relaxes the neck and reduces pain and comforts your neck – you just need to add drops of the oil and then massage your neck with this.
Adjust your routine:
- Sleeping Position: Most of the time stiff neck occurred due to the wrong position of sleeping – you have to get sleep of 7-8 hours to remain fresh and never sleep on the stomach and make the comfortable pillow your priority and replace it after a year or try to sleep without a pillow.
- Set up your workplace: You have to position your chair and sit with your feet flat and your arms on the desk and try to don’t sit too long in the chair – you have to move around for few moments.
- Other tips: Don’t try to look down towards your cell phone frequently and avoid of lifting heavy book bags on one shoulder and add some proper workout technique for betterment in the future.